POWERS, Ore. --- A recall petition was started this month against the mayor and a council member in the small southwestern Oregon town of Powers.
The petition says Mayor Robert Kohn and a council member are not governing with the city's best interest in mind.
Powers resident Robert Leckband filed the petition in December after he said he and other concerned residents noticed several issues centered on a lack of transparency and communication with the general public.
Kohn denies the allegations and says he believes he has acted in the city's best interest.
- Petition underway to recall Powers mayor
- Powers residents file petition to recall mayor
- GOP recall petition for Gov. Brown misses deadline
- Petition calls for 'Saturday Halloween'
- Oakridge power struggle pits mayor vs. administrator
- Two groups petition for Eugene city auditor
- 'Flush Down Kate Brown' petition fails
- Vape power units being recalled over battery issues
- UPDATE: Petition disappears pushing for new high school mascot
- New petition created to keep SEHS Axemen mascot