COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. --Police have identified the pedestrian who was hit and killed on Interstate 5 Friday as 43-year-old Andrew Evans from Cottage Grove.
Oregon State Police said it happened around 5 p.m. on I-5, near milepost 174.
They said a witness saw a man jump out onto I-5. He was then hit by a semi headed southbound. The driver has been identified as 46-year-old Ignacio Moncada of Winton, California.
They said Moncada was not injured and is cooperating with the investigation.
Prior to the crash, authorities said calls were made about someone getting too close to traffic.
One southbound lane was closed for over two hours.
- Pedestrian identified in deadly crash near Cottage Grove
- Pedestrian killed on I-5 near Cottage Grove
- Deputies identify motorcyclist killed in crash along Cottage Grove Reservoir
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Cottage Grove aquatic center reopens
- Deputies identify man killed in Cottage Grove shooting
- Cottage Grove warming center needs volunteers