FLORENCE, Ore. -- A pedestrian was hit and killed by a vehicle on Hwy 101 south of Florence Monday night, according to the Oregon State Police.
The accident happened at 5:20 p.m. near milepost 191, just south of the Siuslaw River.
Troopers said Heather Marie Sanford, 28, was walking in the southbound lane when she was hit by a GMC Sierra pickup. They said she died at the scene.
Oregon State Police said other drivers reported her as a hazard just before the accident happened. They also said she was wearing dark colored clothing.
Sanford was from Eugene.
The driver of the GMC is cooperating with police.
- Troopers: Pedestrian killed on Hwy 101 south of Florence
- Hwy 101 crash kills one, seriously injures two others
- In The Garden: Filberts 101
- North Bend woman killed in crash on Highway 101
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Corvallis
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Albany
- Train kills pedestrian in downtown Eugene
- Neighbors remember pedestrian killed in Eugene
- Measure 101 easily passes in special election
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train in Junction City