MILLERSBURG, Ore. -- A pedestrian hit by a vehicle in Millersburg Tuesday morning suffered life-threatening injuries, the Linn County Sheriff’s Office said.
At 9:45 a.m., Linn County deputies responded to the crash on Old Salem Road near Kathryn Street.
The sheriff’s office said Juan Lopez-Palafox, 40, of Aumsville was driving southbound in his 2006 Chevrolet pickup, which was converted into a food truck, when he hit Alexander Sullivan, 27, of Albany.
Sullivan was walking south on the west side of Old Salem Road, and Lopez-Palafox said he had stumbled into the roadway in front of his vehicle.
Sullivan was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital.
The sheriff’s office said there is no indication Lopez-Palafox was driving under the influence, and deputies are still investigating the cause of the crash.
The Albany Fire Department assisted.
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle in Millersburg
- Pedestrian dies after being hit by vehicle in Millersburg
- Millersburg residents escape after garage catches fire
- Five-alarm fire leads to evacuations in Millersburg
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Albany
- Pedestrian hit by car on Royal Ave
- Panel falls from Portland tram, hits pedestrian
- Vehicle versus pedestrian crash sends man to the hospital
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle on Centennial Boulevard in Springfield
- Pedestrian struck, killed by vehicle on I-105 eastbound