ALBANY, Ore. -- Linn County deputies are investigating a deadly crash involving a pedestrian Tuesday morning.
Officers have identified the pedestrian killed in a crash this morning as Anna Dirkje Evan of Albany.
They said it happened on Seven Mile Lane and Columbus Street near Albany around 6:40 a.m.
Their investigation revealed Evan, 77, was crossing the street to pick up her newspaper when she was struck and killed by a pick up-truck heading east. They said she died immediately.
Officers have identified the driver of the pick-up. They said the 24-year-old was driving to work when he hit Evan and is cooperating with their investigation. At this time they say there is not indication drugs or alcohol were involved.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Albany
- Albany man killed in crash
- Teenager killed in Albany crash
- Pedestrian hit and killed by driver in Springfield
- 58-year-old pedestrian killed in hit-and-run crash
- Pedestrian dies in crash on I-5 near Albany
- Pedestrian hit by car on Royal Ave
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle in Millersburg
- Panel falls from Portland tram, hits pedestrian
- Pedestrian hit in Eugene crash dies