EUGENE, Ore. -- Police have identified the driver and pedestrian involved in the fatal crash at River Road and Kourt Drive Friday night in Eugene.
Bill Schmidt, 75, of Eugene died after being struck by a 2006 Jeep Wrangler driven by Jamie Louise Christopher, 54, of Eugene.
Police said the crash happened around 6:50 p.m.
River Road was closed in both directions following the crash. The Eugene Police Department, Lane County Sheriff and a coroner were on the scene for hours.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Pedestrian, driver identified in fatal River Road crash
- Pedestrian killed in crash near Roseburg identified
- OSP identifies drivers, passenger in fatal Hwy. 99 crash
- Wrong way driver sentenced for fatal crash
- Driver, pedestrian cited in crash on Pioneer Parkway and Centennial
- Car crashes into building on River Road
- Officials investigating fatal crash on Coburg Road
- Willamette River drowning victim identified
- Police identify man found dead near Beltline and River Road
- Pilot who died in Deschutes River plane crash identified