ALBANY, Ore. -- A pedestrian died in a crash on Interstate 5 near Albany just after midnight Friday.
Oregon State Police said a 72-year-old man was driving southbound near milepost 235 at about 12:40 a.m. when he hit a man who was in the center of the lane. The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
I-5 southbound was closed for 90 minutes after the crash.
The Albany Police Department, Albany Fire and the Oregon Department of Transportation assisted OSP.
- Pedestrian dies in crash on I-5 near Albany
- All lanes reopen following I-5 crash south of Albany
- 15-year-old dies in crash near Albany
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Albany
- Pedestrian dies in crash in Santa Clara
- Pedestrian dies in crash near Vida
- Motorcyclist dies in I-5 crash; police seeking witnesses
- Albany man killed in crash
- Teenager killed in Albany crash
- Pedestrian dies after crash on Highway 36 near Cheshire