MILLERSBURG, Ore. -- A pedestrian hit by a vehicle in Millersburg Tuesday morning has died from his injuries, the Linn County Sheriff’s Office said.
Alexander Sullivan, 27, of Albany was walking south on the west side of Old Salem Road around 9:45 a.m. when he was hit by a southbound 2006 Chevrolet pickup, which was converted into a food truck, driven by Juan Lopez-Palafox, 40, of Aumsville.
Lopez-Palafox said Sullivan had stumbled into the roadway in front of his vehicle.
The sheriff’s office said there was no indication Lopez-Palafox was driving under the influence, and deputies are still investigating.
Sullivan was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital following the crash.
The sheriff’s office said a gray-haired man who was with a woman handed Sullivan’s cell phone to medics and they may have some information on where the cell phone was located. Deputies are still looking for witnesses to the crash, or anyone who saw Sullivan walking along Old Salem Road before the crash.
They added that if you saw a pedestrian walking on Old Salem Road near Humpty’s Dump between 9:30 and 9:45 a.m., you should call the sheriff’s office at 541-967-3911.
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle in Millersburg
- Pedestrian dies after being hit by vehicle in Millersburg
- Millersburg residents escape after garage catches fire
- Five-alarm fire leads to evacuations in Millersburg
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Albany
- Pedestrian hit by car on Royal Ave
- Panel falls from Portland tram, hits pedestrian
- Pedestrian dies in crash in Santa Clara
- Pedestrian dies in crash near Vida
- 5-year-old boy dies after being hit by vehicle