LEBANON, OR -- Lebanon parents said the process of figuring out where to pick up their kids after learning about the lockdown was chaotic.
A lot of parents we spoke to said they first heard about the lockdown through social media or other parents.
Some were out of town, others said they were going about their daily business.
When they got to the school, parents were lined up from the front of the school out to the edge of the sidewalk.
Just waiting as patiently as possible until the moment they can have their kids in their arms again.
One parent we talked to said just figuring out where to go to get his kid was chaotic.
“We were told more than once that they were bussing them over to the river center," said John Kluttz. "Then they said come back here, that we could pick them up over here. Then on our way over here, we saw a post from the fire department that we shouldn’t be picking them up over here. So, it was definitely chaos. But, I’m sure – I told my wife that it’s gotta be difficult to coordinate something like this.”
Amidst the panic and chaos of finding their kids, one parent said she was thinking about the shooting near Houston this morning.
"This morning, I was sitting, watching the news about the school shooting in Texas," said Jaime Fraiseur. "Then for this to happen here is just ridiculous. And honestly, there needs to be consequences for this kind of stuff."
Her son didn't want to go on camera, but said he's glad this is all over.
In cases like this, many would say the way this lockdown ended is a best-case scenario.
But as we know, they don't always end this way.
- Parents and students react to lockdown at Lebanon High School
- Lebanon High School prepares students for trade jobs
- Police: Gun in Lebanon lockdown was reported stolen
- Parents reunited with kids after lockdown at Monroe Middle School
- Principal at Lebanon school resigns
- Willamette High School lockdown lifted after potential threat investigated
- Lebanon teens wear blackface at high school event, sparking outrage
- Lockdown clears at Cottage Grove middle school
- Lebanon city manager resigns
- School bus hit by truck in Lebanon