EUGENE, Ore.-- Parenting Now held thier third annual Mother's Day 5K run Sunday morning in Alton Baker Park.
Race participants showed early for a jazzercising warm-up before the run started. There was also bubbles, face paint, and magic for kids.
The run is used to raise money for the Parenting Now programs, which teach parenting education and primary abuse prevention.
“Families that use our program get a circle of friends who have children the same as them, they get information about child development and how to have a positive parenting environment and a really good relationship with their child, and that lasts your whole life,” said Lynne Swartz, the executive director of Parenting Now.
To learn more about the program, visit their website.
- Parenting Now hosts annual Mother's Day 5K run
- Parenting Now! hosts 3rd annual Mother's Day 5K
- EWEB hosts annual 'Run to stay Warm'
- 4J School District hosts annual elementary showcase
- Greenhill Humane Society hosts annual Kitten Shower
- Willamalane hosts 2nd annual youth soccer tournament
- LCSO hosts 9th annual life jacket exchange
- Springfield Police hosts 26th annual K9 competition
- Ophelia's Place hosts second annual GirlCon
- GEARS hosts 21st annual Blackberry Bramble