EUGENE, Ore. -- In celebration of mothers day today Parenting Now! hosted their third annual Mother's Day 5K run at Alton Baker Park Sunday.
Runners of all ages lined up to run or walk in the fundraiser with all the proceeds going towards Parenting Now! which provides education and support to 7,000 families in out community each year
The directors of the event say it is growing in popularity each year and everyone who comes truly enjoys themselves.
"It's an amazing opportunity for mom's and families to come out and celebrate healthy lifestyle choices and running and being active, really celebrating moms," said Lynne Swartz and Kathryn Gaines, the directors for Parenting Now!
The run brought in around 170 runners and it raised more than $5,000 for the organization.
- Parenting Now! hosts 3rd annual Mother's Day 5K
- Parenting Now hosts annual Mother's Day 5K run
- Eugene hosts 3rd annual Willamette River Festival
- Junction City hosting 3rd annual Human Trafficking Prevention Summit
- UCC shooting victims honored at 3rd annual Umpqua Strong walk
- 3rd annual Community Product Design Challenge held Saturday
- EWEB hosts annual 'Run to stay Warm'
- 4J School District hosts annual elementary showcase
- Greenhill Humane Society hosts annual Kitten Shower
- Willamalane hosts 2nd annual youth soccer tournament