CRESWELL, Ore. -- The owner of eight malnourished horses seized earlier this year has been found guilty of eight counts of animal neglect.
Genni Walker has to pay a $1,000 fine and about $8,400 in restitution to Lane County for the care of the horses, which were taken from a property in January because they didn’t have enough food to maintain a healthy weight.
Walker is also banned from owning livestock in the county for five years and had to sign over the horses to the county.
Three have already been placed in new homes and the other five are in the process.
- Owner of neglected horses found guilty
- Neglected horse sues former owner
- Property owner cited after 61 neglected horses seized in Creswell
- Mapleton woman found guilty of animal neglect
- Neglected horses removed from Creswell property
- 5 Horses Killed, Owners Injured on I-5
- Dead horses found on Creswell property
- Owners want horses back after mass seizure in Creswell
- Mapleton woman pleads not guilty to animal neglect