EUGENE, Ore. -- The winners of the 20 Under 40 awards have been announced.
The winners represent the community’s “best and brightest young achievers” in many different fields, including health care, technology, recreation, nonprofit work and more, organizers said.
“I find joy in seeing the impact past winners make on our community,” said Ralph Parshall, manager of Mercedes-Benz of Eugene, who created the awards program in 2008. “Every year I’m inspired when I read through the nominations. It’s always a very difficult decision to pick just 20 people to recognize.”
The winners will be recognized at an event on Thursday, Dec. 5, at Venue 252. For more information, click here.
Below are 2019’s winners:
- Claire Barnum, Executive Director, Downtown Eugene, Inc.
- Kristen Bartels, Business Development Manager and Founding Partner, Team Recycle, and Community Engagement Coordinator, Relief Nursery
- Ashley Espinoza, Sector Strategy Director, Lane Workforce Partnership
- Berit Everhart, Attorney/Shareholder, Arnold Gallager P.C.
- Kim Forrest, Corporate Marketing Director, Forrest Technical Coatings
- Robert Grand, Fire Captain and Paramedic, Eugene-Springfield Fire Department, and Co-founder, Grand Realty
- Andrew Heben, Co-founder/Project Director, SquareOne Villages
- Lauren Jerome, Co-founder/Partner, Mindbox Studios
- Cassie Jones, Attorney/Partner, Gleaves Swearingen
- Ross Kanaga, Financial Innovation Manager, DevNW
- Mary Mackey, Content Strategist, IDX Broker
- Kimberly Miller, Director of Health and Wellness and Healthy Living, Eugene Family YMCA
- Jeff Oliver, Partner/Director of Golf, Laurelwood Golf Course
- Jennifer Richardson, Account Manager/Chief Storyteller, Funk/Levis & Associates
- Stephanie Scafa, 2021 Project Lead, City of Eugene
- Betsy Schultz, Owner, PNW Strategies, and Co-owner, Artis Flora
- Allison Straub, President, Burley
- Jared Swezey, Chief Technology Officer, UpTime Sciences and Principal, Comscend
- Andrea Voorhees, Employee Benefits Consultant, USI Insurance Services
- Angela Wilson, Chief Executive Officer, Eugene Gastroenterology Consultants