Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore -- Community members are invited to get outdoors and explore on "Get Outdoors Oregon Day."
#GetOutdoorsOR is a social media campaign to encourage Oregonians to explore rivers, forests, wetlands and wild places on June 9. There are 21 events taking place, including a celebration at Green Island.
Green Island is a conservation site that the nonprofit McKenzie River Trust acquired more than a decade ago. It is located north of Coburg where the McKenzie and Willamette rivers meet. For a list of other events in Oregon, click here.
Get Outdoors Day is Saturday, June 9, at Green Island from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. It's free to attend, but if you register in advance, you can enter to win a $100 REI giftcard.
Please note, no dogs are allowed on Green Island.
- Oregonians encouraged to #GetOutdoorsOR
- Tonya Harding calls out Oregonians
- Oregonian endorses Buehler for governor
- Oregonians urged to double-check tax withholdings
- Kicker rebates will decrease for Oregonians
- Deadline approaching for Oregonians to sign up for HealthCare
- Oregonians stranded at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
- Oregonians pack roads and airports ahead of Christmas
- At least one Oregonian arrested in nationwide ICE raids
- Payroll tax to affect all Oregonians starting in July