Photo Gallery 15 Images
Eugene, Ore. -- Oregon football continued their rebound and resurgence folloiwing their week 1 loss to Auburn by handling business against Stanford, 21-6 on the road.
For the outgoing seniors, it was their first win ever over the Cardinal and the program's first win against them since 2015. Justin Herbert paced the Ducks on 19-24 passing for 259 yards and 3 touchdowns. The quarterback now has 14 touchdowns and 0 interceptions through four weeks while going 172 straight passes without an interception, the longest streak in the country. Oregon opened the scoring in the first quarter with a strike from Herbert to Jaylon Redd, after falling behind 3-0 to open the game.
From there, the Duck defense completely stifled Stanfor'd offense, holding quarterback KJ Costello to a paltry 120 yards passing. Herbert hit tight end Jacob Breeland on the back shoulder for the Ducks second touchdown of the game and Oregon went into halftime with a 14-3 lead.
Defensive coordinator Andy Avalos again proved why his hire from Boise State was a particularly savvy move by head coach Mario Cristobal, dialing up defensive playcalls that led to 1 interception and 5 sacks from the Ducks. Through the last three games, Oregon has not allowed a touchdown, the first time such a thing has happened since 1935.
Herbert threw a third and final touchdown pass to Breeland in the fourth quarter, and the Ducks ride into the bye week 3-1 on the year with the only loss coming to a still-undefeated Auburn team.
- Oregon wins again, beating Stanford 21-6
- Photo Gallery: Oregon vs. Stanford Football
- Web Extra: Willie Taggart After Oregon's 49-7 Loss to Stanford
- OSU falls short against Stanford
- Colorado beats Oregon State 36-33 for 1st conference win
- Beavs looking to stop Stanford passing attack
- Big game by Love leads No. 23 Stanford past Oregon 49-7
- Web Extra: Jordon Scott, Dillon Mitchell, and Drayton Carlberg after Oregon loses to Stanford (9/22/18)
- Web Extra: Justin Herbert and Shane Lemieux after Oregon loses to Stanford (9/22/18)
- Web Extra: Mario Cristobal after Oregon loses to Stanford part 2 (9/22/18)