GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) -- Police have identified two men found dead from gunshot wounds last week in southwestern Oregon.
Oregon State Police Sgt. Jeff Proulx said Monday that Matthew Cortez, 28, and Jesse Swift, 28, were both from Cave Junction.
Troopers from the Grants Pass office responded early Thursday to a report of two deceased men who were thought to have been killed in a traffic crash. The troopers determined the men had been shot.
Proulx says a suspect was detained shortly after the shooting, but no charges have been filed.
Detectives and the Josephine County District Attorney's Office are continuing to investigate.
- Oregon police identify two Cave Junction men fatally shot
- Police identify driver, pedestrian in fatal Junction City crash
- FBI accuses Cave Junction man of making death threats against Youtube staff
- Oregon State Police report three fatal crashes
- Man faces manslaughter charges after fatal crash near Junction City
- Officer who fatally shot Oregon Standoff leader named in court
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident
- Police investigate car fire in Junction City
- Police identify men killed in motorcycle crash in Springfield
- Police identify robbery suspect shot by U-Haul employee