BAKER CITY, Ore. (AP) - Sheriff's deputies in Baker City arrested the parents of 2-year-old boy who fatally shot himself with a handgun in the family's home.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports that Peter Mankins and Diana Goodman were booked Saturday in the Baker County Jail, the sheriff's inmate roster shows.
Records show they face charges of second-degree manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide and unlawful possession of methamphetamine.
Police didn't immediately release details about the circumstances of the shooting in Eastern Oregon.
The Baker County District Attorney's Office said both were at home when their child, Liam Paul Lee Mankins, picked up an unsecured handgun pulled the trigger and shot himself in the head on November 4th.
The boy was airlifted to a hospital in Boise, Idaho, but died hours later from his injuries.
- Oregon parents arrested after toddler shoots self with gun
- Prosecutors charge parents of toddler who fatally shot self
- Parent arrested after gun goes off in Portland elementary school
- Oregon toddler injured when red wagon hit by car
- Man accidentally shoots self at Oregon gun range
- Two arrested for video showing man shooting gun while driving
- Roseburg woman arrested after allegedly shooting gun in her home
- Oregon Supreme Court expedites gun-control dispute
- Pro-gun parents say Portland schools violated their civil rights