Photo Gallery 4 Images
GLADSTONE, Ore. (AP) - Authorities say an Oregon police officer is recovering from minor injuries after his patrol car was struck by a suspected drunken driver.
KATU-TV reports a Gladstone police officer was conducting a traffic stop on New Year's Eve when another vehicle slammed into the back of the officer's vehicle.
Police say the driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of intoxicants.
The officer plans to return to duty Tuesday.
Oregon State Police is investigating the crash.
Gladstone is about 10 miles (16 kilometers) south of Portland.
- Oregon officer hurt after DUII suspect hits patrol car
- Local law enforcement increases DUII patrols for holidays
- Eugene police increasing DUII patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- DUII enforcement patrols lead to arrests in Lane County, Roseburg
- Driver accused of hit-and-run and DUII in Eugene
- Taxi driver arrested for DUII
- Child hurt after school bus hit by car in Medford
- Truck smashes into house, driver suspected of DUII
- Mt. Hood Meadows ski patroller hurt in avalanche
- UPDATE: Springfield Teacher Arrested for DUII