Eugene, Ore. -- Oregon men's basketball team will make the trip up to Corvallis to take on the Oregon State Beavers in the 352nd Civil War game.
OSU won the first Civil War game back on January 5th, in Matthew Knight Arena. The Beavers led by as much as 18 in that game before Oregon took the lead back late in the 2nd half.
It was one of a number of games the Ducks struggled to close out their opponents late, but after last week's sweep of the Bay Area schools (California and Stanford) the team hopes to have turned a corner.
"We're more confident than we were last time. I think we've had some very humbling experiences throughout that time, well every since then. That being one of them," said senior forward, Paul White. "I think people will understand that you can't take your foot off the gas pedal, especially when you start to fight back from such a big deficit."
Head coach, Dana Altman said, "Our guys understand those are critical times and you've got to play your best at those times. You know that's a growing process, it's not something you turn on and off like a light switch and go, ok we figured it out, we're going to be good down the stretch."
Altman also pointed to the importance of having sophomore Kenny Wooten back in the lineup for this game, who missed the first match-up due to a broken jaw he suffered in the Baylor game.
The 352nd Civil War game tips at 7:30 p.m. in Gill Coliseum Saturday, February 16th.
- Oregon men's basketball gearing up for the 352nd Civil War Game
- Oregon routs Oregon State in Civil War game
- Tres Tinkle, OSU beat Oregon in Civil War game
- Fans react to Civil War game rivalry
- Oregon St. defeats Ducks, sweeps Civil War
- Oregon beats Oregon State in Civil War 77-68
- Oregon men’s basketball back on track?
- Web Extra: Marcus Arroyo on 121st Civil War Game (11/21/17)
- Web Extra: Mario Cristobal on 121st Civil War Game (11/21/17)
- Web Extra: Kevin McGiven on 121st Civil War Game (11/21/17)