EUGENE, Ore. – The Oregon Ducks loss to the Washington Huskies Thursday night, 61-56 following a controversial foul call in the closing seconds.
Payton Pritchard was called for a shooting foul with 1.6 seconds remaining in the game, sending Jaylen Nowell to the free throw for three shots.
In the ensuing possession, Paul White through the ball in for the length of the floor for a turnover.
Oregon freshman, Louis King led the way for the Ducks with 19 pts and 3 rebounds.
Through the first half, only three Oregon players managed to score (King, Francis Okoro, and Miles Norris, all freshman).
On the other end of the court, Nowell finished with 20 points and 6 rebounds, while David Crisp had 18 points and 5 assist.
With the loss Oregon falls to (11-8, 2-4) on the season. Next for the Ducks, they'll welcome in the Washington State Cougars Sunday at 5:00 p.m.
- Oregon men lose another close game
- Ducks optimistic despite six-game losing streak
- Central Oregon food pantry closing
- Oregon men, women's hoops hosting exhibition fundraisers
- Oregon men’s basketball back on track?
- Oregon men's basketball gearing up for the 352nd Civil War Game
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Oregon blows past Utah to snap losing streak
- Oregon could miss out, lose money on federal tax overhaul
- Oregon regulators recommend for California winery to lose licenses