MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) -- A southern Oregon man has been sentenced to more than six years in prison after authorities say he assaulted a prostitute he contacted online.
The Mail Tribune reports 65-year-old Tim Lewis was sentenced Monday after pleading guilty to charges of attempted kidnapping, attempted sodomy and coercion for the June 2016 encounter.
Lewis of Eagle Point also pleaded guilty Monday to unrelated charges of driving under the influence and harassment.
Jackson County Deputy District Attorney Zori Cook says Lewis met up with the woman after contacting her through backpage.com, a website that federal authorities shut down earlier this year.
Cook says Lewis held the woman at gunpoint and forced her to perform sexual acts.
Lewis has been held in the Jackson County jail since his arrest in June 2016.
- Oregon man sentenced to prison for 2016 attack on prostitute
- Oregon man sentenced to prison for attack on deputy
- Springfield man arrested in child prostitution sting
- Sutherlin man arrested in child prostitution sting
- Man sentenced to prison for 2011 rape
- Former Oregon youth coach sentenced to prison for sex abuse
- Deportee who attacked Oregon women sentenced for entering US
- Man sentenced for sexually abusing Oregon girl
- Man who left dead dogs in Oregon motel sentenced to prison
- Man who entered stranger's party naked sentenced to prison