PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Officials say a 22-year-old man from Dayton, Oregon, was arrested on suspicion of murder in the death of Brian Bodle, a Newberg man who was found near Mount St. Helens earlier this year.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports Damian Belander was taken into custody in Yamhill County after being served with a warrant for second-degree murder, according to Washington's Skamania County Sheriff Dave Brown.
Officials say Bodle's body was found in a burnt van near Cougar, Washington, on Jan. 24.
Investigators discovered Bodle's remains after receiving reports of suspicious circumstances on a road east of Cougar in the Gifford Pinchot Forest south of Mount St. Helens.
Belander was in custody Wednesday at the Yamhill County jail, Brown said, but would likely be transferred to Skamania County.
It wasn't known if Belander had an attorney.
- Oregon man arrested in death of man near Mount St. Helens
- Oregon State scientists examine Mount St. Helens formation
- Man arrested in death of original Mouseketeer in Oregon
- Oregon man arraigned in wife's shooting death
- Oregon man arrested in 1994 Vancouver murder
- Man arrested in death of 1-year-old
- Oregon hiker dies after falling off Mount Storm King
- Oregon man pleads guilty in stabbing death of SUV driver
- Man gets 20 years in Oregon shovel-beating death
- Florence man looks to amend Oregon's Death with Dignity Act