BEND, Ore. (AP) -- The 2018 race for governor is the most expensive in Oregon history, and there's still six weeks until the books will be closed.
The Bulletin newspaper in Bend reports that Gov. Kate Brown has raised about $11.3 million. Her Republican opponent, state Rep. Knute Buehler, R-Bend, has raised about $7.4 million, according to state campaign finance reports filed through Monday.
The record total of about $18.7 million tops the $17.7 million raised and spent in the 2010 governor's race won by Democrat John Kitzhaber over Republican Chris Dudley.
- Oregon governor race most expensive yet
- Buehler concedes in Oregon governor's race
- Governor's choice to lead Oregon's VA withdraws
- Oregon Senator sues governor, state revenue department
- Oregon Republicans question effort to recall governor
- Brownsville man wins Independent Party nomination in governor race
- Options remain for some Independent Party voters in governor's race
- Democrat Laura Kelly wins Kansas governor race, CNN projects
- Republican Mike DeWine wins Ohio governor race, CNN projects
- Why flowers get so expensive on Valentine's Day