Eugene, Ore. -- Even with some players still battling through injuries ahead of Oregon's Pac-12 opener against Stanford, many Duck players feel confident about where they are headed into Saturday.
"There's some things that we can carry over through plans that we like," said offensive coordinator Marcus Arroyo. "There's other things that are only impactful for certain opponents. So I think ther'es some carry over as far as what we can do in our system that we can move forward with."
But even with the Ducks performing admirably at multiple positions through depth concerns (tight end Cam McCormick was announced out for the year on Monday by head coach Mario Cristobal while transfer wide receiver Juwan Johnson's status is still unknown ahead of Saturday), and Stanford not quite being the same team they've been in years past, no one is looking past the Cardinal defense.
"They do a great job disguising (coverages)," quarterback Justin Herbert explains. "Kinda like I said earlier, they're really well coached and have been playing good defense for a long time so they know exaclty how it looks and we just have to watch as much film as we can and see what we can do."
Oregon's offensive line will have to deal with some potential deck shuffling as well. Center Jake Hanson left last week's game vs. Montana and is still being evaluated. Calvin Throckmorton shifted from tackle to center, while Brady Aiello slid into Throckmorton's spot. On the other side of the line, Penei Sewell played well enough to be named Pac-12 Offensive Lineman of the week.
The Ducks see the Cardinal at 'The Farm' on Saturday, September 21st. Kick off is at 4:00 pm with the game being televised on ESPN.
- Oregon football prepared for Pac-12 play amidst injuries
- Oregon Men's Hoops prepares for Pac-12 play
- Oregon women ready to start Pac-12 play
- Web Extra: Scott Rueck on preparing for Pac-12 play (12/27/18)
- Ducks prepare for Pac-12 Track Championships
- Oregon receivers suffer injuries
- Fans celebrating Oregon's Pac-12 championship win
- Web Extra: Head Coach Scott Rueck discusses preparation for Pac-12 play. (12/28/17)
- Oregon State women's hoops ready to get more physical in Pac-12 play
- Web Extra: Sabrina Ionescu on Starting Pac-12 Play (12/27/17)