EUGENE, Ore. --Duck fans spent Saturday tailgating and throwing up their "o's" as they got ready for the season opener.
“The biggest part is, the game is back. Here we go," said Oregon fan, Steven Lines.
Football is back, but with new rules for Duck fans at Autzen stadium.
"We got here early," said Jim Vandamme. "We were here about 11 o'clock today right when they opened up so it's nice."
Six hours before kick-off, the aroma of sweet wood smoke filled the air as fans took advantage of the extra two hours of tailgating time.
"It's more time to visit with friends that we don't get to see all the time," said Oregon fan, Bryan Jensen.
Jensen said he's been tailgating in the same spot for more than 10 years and is excited to have more time to do that.
This is the also the first year beer and wine is sold in general concession areas of the stadium.
One fan said with Oregon’s culture, this only makes sense.
"Why wouldn't you enjoy a great Oregon micro-brew or a great Oregon Pinot Noir," said Oregon fan Bobbi Matthews. "I mean, we just need to celebrate the state that we have and the team that we have and this is a fabulous environment in which to do it.”
In order to prevent binge-drinking and alcohol related incidents, fans are no longer allowed to re-enter the stadium once they exit.
One fan said this new rule allows people to drink more responsibly.
"Back in the day, especially when I was coming here when I was younger and drinking excessively before going into the game and then trying to leave at half time and chug a few more," said Kai Jorgensen. "You could just enjoy yourself and pace that out but also do it responsibly."
Despite this year's changes, one thing remains the same.
People love their Ducks.
- Oregon fans react to new Autzen stadium rules Saturday
- Fans can expect changes at Autzen Stadium Saturday
- Duck Dash and Eugene 5K held at Autzen Stadium Saturday
- New Autzen Stadium policies could challenge businesses
- Police: Shooting near Autzen Stadium was drug related
- Law enforcement agencies train for emergencies at Autzen Stadium
- Changes coming to Autzen Stadium for upcoming football season
- Eugene Marathon starts and finishes at Autzen Stadium
- Eugene City Council OKs extended tailgating time at Autzen Stadium
- Woman cited after string of break-ins near Autzen Stadium