MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) -- An Oregon chiropractor has been sentenced to four years in prison after pleading guilty to sexually abusing female patients.
The Mail Tribune reports 54-year-old Scott Cooper was taken into custody immediately after pleading guilty Thursday to a felony count of second-degree sexual abuse and two misdemeanor counts of third-degree sexual abuse relating to three victims, including a 17-year-old.
The Medford chiropractor also entered no-contest pleas to nine other misdemeanors involving six other victims between June 2017 and January 2018.
Deputy District Attorney Virginia Greer says each victim described a similar pattern of abuse -- seemingly accidental brushes becoming more deliberate.
- Oregon chiropractor pleads guilty to sexually abusing patients
- Medford chiropractor faces sex abuse charges
- Former Oregon teacher pleads guilty to 9 sex abuse charges
- Man sentenced for sexually abusing Oregon girl
- Former Monroe firefighter found not guilty of sexually abusing teenager
- Former martial arts instructor found guilty of sexual abuse
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to sex abuse involving child
- South Dakota priest pleads not guilty to sex abuse charges
- Albany man pleads not guilty to 40 sex abuse charges
- ICE agent in Oregon accused of sexual abuse of minor