CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Oregon State University had a record amount of graduates this year, with 7,128 students receiving degrees on Saturday.
OSU held its 149th commencement ceremony at Reser Stadium. They said the 7,128 graduating students received 7,435 degrees.
OSU said the oldest graduate is 70 years old and the youngest is 19 years old.
The commencement address was given by OSU grad and academy award winner Harley Jessup. He received an academy award for visual effects in the film, "Innerspace."
- Oregon State has record number of graduates
- Report: Record number of wolves in Oregon
- Oregon State Police creates new phone number
- Oregon State softball ranked number 23
- Oregon State Beavers to take on Number 1 seed
- University of Oregon students celebrating graduation
- Earthquake recorded off Oregon coast
- Record number of mentally ill people in Oregon charged with crimes
- Oregon Legislature to release sexual harassment records
- Oregon Country Fair to attract record crowds