Photo Gallery 12 Images
Eugene, OR -- Oregon State baseball piled on the runs early against Oregon Saturday. The Beavers tallied three runs in the first inning to put the Ducks in a hole early.
"We gave away too much today," said Oregon head coach, George Horton. "Certainly the way the game started with four walks and an error. The first inning giving them a three, it could have been a lot worse quite frankly. We have to have better starting pitching and make it a little bit more difficult.
The Ducks were also able to put some runs on the board in comparison to game one. Oregon finished with five runs compared to OSU's eight. However, the Ducks did have two errors in the game, while the Beavs' defense held strong as it has most of the season.
"I would have liked to give up less runs, but I mean it's a rivalry game and I think it happens," said OSU's head coach Pat Bailey. "You know, we've been playing great defense. I think this is the sixth game in a row now we've had no errors. So any time you do that in college baseball you're going to win a lot of games."
With the win in game two the Beavers have locked up a series win, with a chance to sweep the Ducks on Sunday.
Horton said, "Nobody likes to get swept in their own yard, whether it's an excellent team like we're playing, but we need to play the game better. We need to make plays, make pitches, and hit with guys on base in scoring position. Whether it's the Beavers or any other team that we're competing with."
First pitch for game three is set for noon in PK Park.
- Oregon State baseball lock up Civil War series win
- Oregon softball "duck hunting" ahead of Civil War series
- Oregon State baseball wins the College World Series
- Oregon routs Oregon State in Civil War game
- Oregon beats Oregon State in Civil War 77-68
- Oregon St. defeats Ducks, sweeps Civil War
- Beavers Win 14th Straight Civil War
- Web Extra: Paul White after Oregon losses the Civil War
- Tres Tinkle, OSU beat Oregon in Civil War game
- Baseball Roundup: Oregon State and Oregon baseball both earn victories