Corvallis, OR -- The Oregon State softball team suffered a rain delay on yesterday. The results of the cancellation put the Beavers and the Bruins against each other in a double header today.
Game two picked up just before the rain hit the OSU Softball Complex. The Bruins had an easy lead going into the top of the third inning, 10 to 1. The Beavers crossed the plate just one more time before UCLA run ruled them in five innings with a final score of 10 to 2.
Both teams had little rest before they started their final meeting of the series. Game three was all Bruins and two homeruns scored by Taylor Pack and Bubba Nickles secured their 7 to nothing victory.
The Beavers had sucess in getting runners on first, however, they had trouble advancing those runners into scoring position. "You gotta be able to hit with runners on base." said head coach, Laura berg. "It's pressue you know, it's pressue, it's Pac-12 and it's a priviledge but you got to be the one that wants the bat in your hand with runners on base."
For the players, they struggled to connect bat to ball against one of the top rated picthing staffs in the nation. Senior, Shelby Weeks said that it's, "just making adjustments later in the game. We knew what she was throwing and we still kinda struggled to adjust."
Oregon State is now 3-13 in conference play. They'll head south next weekend for the Civil War at Jane Sanders Stadium.
- Oregon State Softball swept by No. 2 UCLA
- Oregon State softball ranked number 23
- Web Extra: Willie Taggart After Oregon's 31-14 Loss to UCLA
- Oregon bounces back with close win over UCLA
- Web Extra: Dana Altman After Oregon's 94-91 Win Over UCLA
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks get swept
- Oregon softball hopes to finish strong vs. Arizona State
- Oregon softball drops first series game vs. Arizona State
- Mike White Leaving Oregon Softball Program
- Langenfeld named to Oregon softball staff