Corvallis, OR. -- Oregon State women's basketball is headed to Albany, New York, Wednesday afternoon to take on Louisville in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA women's tournament. The Beavers lost to the Cardinals a season ago in the Elite Eight, 76-43. This is the programs fourth straight Sweet 16 appearance.
The current roster only has three players who have never played in this round of the tournament. The Beavers plan on using this experience to their advantage against a tough Cardinal team.
Redshirt sophomore, Destiny Slocum, says that, "we want to get to the elite eight and that's where we want to look at right now, we can't look any further than that. That's all I remember, you can't see pass the sweet sixteen right now."
For senior, Katie McWilliams, this could be her last game dressed in a Beavers jersey. "We just got to give it all. We have to put it all out on the floor for every game, because you never know when it's going to be the end. So I just hope we can all play our best basketball right now and just know that we're playing for eachother."
The number 4 seed, Oregon State, will face the number 1 seed on Friday in New York. Tip off at 6pm/PST.
- Oregon State Beavers to take on Number 1 seed
- Destination Oregon! More people are moving to the Beaver State
- Oregon State has record number of graduates
- Oregon State Police creates new phone number
- Oregon State softball ranked number 23
- Beavers Falter Against Cal
- Beavers Release Wrestling Schedule
- Duck, Beaver Roundup
- Beavers Defeat Mississippi State in Omaha
- Beavers celebration set for Friday