Corvallis, Ore. -- Oregon St. tops Oregon in the 352nd Civil War, 72-57, and sweeps the season series with the Ducks for the first time since the 2009-10 season.
The game remained close until the 12:08 mark in the second half when the Beavers went on a 13-4 run capped off by a Stephen Thompson three-pointer. Thompson led the way for OSU with 22 points.
Thompson wasn't the only one with a good offensive night. Oregon State had a balanced scoring attack. Tres Tinkle had 13 points and six rebounds while Gligorije Rakocevic added 11 points as well. The Beavers outscored the Ducks in the paint, 34-20. Oregon State outscored the Ducks in the second half, 45-29.
"This was huge for us, I mean best feeling ever," Oregon State center Gligorije Rakocevic says. "I feel like this is the best game we've ever played as a team."
Louis King led the Ducks with 20 points while Paul White added 12 points. No other Oregon player scored in double figures.
"Bad turnovers, don't shoot free throws at all, and then they score 45 points and shoot 54 percent in the second half," Oregon head coach Dana Altman says. "So that's not a very good formula for winning on the road."
With the win OSU improves to 16-8 overall and 8-4 in conference play. The Beavers sit in second place in the Pac-12 standings. The Beavers will travel to Los Angeles to take on UCLA at 6 PM on Thursday.
On the other hand, Oregon falls to 15-10 on the year and 6-6 in Pac-12 play. The Ducks hit the road to Southern California to take on USC at 6 PM on Thursday.
- Oregon St. defeats Ducks, sweeps Civil War
- Oregon softball "duck hunting" ahead of Civil War series
- OSU edges out Ducks in Civil War
- Ducks prep for Civil War despite lopsided loss
- Oregon routs Oregon State in Civil War game
- Oregon beats Oregon State in Civil War 77-68
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks sweep doubleheader
- Web Extra: Paul White after Oregon losses the Civil War
- Oregon State baseball lock up Civil War series win
- Tres Tinkle, OSU beat Oregon in Civil War game