WINSTON, Ore. -- A three-vehicle wreck on Highway 42 near Winston on Monday afternoon left one woman dead and multiple people with injuries.
Oregon State Police said their investigation revealed that a truck driven by 84-year-old William Dewar of Roseburg hit the back of another vehicle, which caused the second vehicle to hit the truck in front of them.
Dewar suffered serious injuries in the crash and was taken to Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg, then later transferred to Riverbend Hospital in Springfield.
His wife, 79-year-old Virginia Dewar, was also taken to Mercy Medical Center, where she died from her injuries.
Police said neither William or Virginia were wearing their seatbelts at the time of the crash.
Passengers in the two other vehicles suffered minor injuries.
- One dies in three-vehicle wreck in Douglas County
- Vehicle of missing Eugene man found at Douglas County lake
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Gunfire exchanged in Douglas County
- Two people hospitalized after multiple-vehicle wreck
- Hillsboro police dog dies after traffic wreck
- Naloxone addresses the Douglas County opioid epidemic
- Flu season has officially hit Douglas County
- Douglas County gallery holds student art exhibit
- Douglas County fire hydrant maintenance and flushing