SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- One person is dead after an officer-involved shooting in Springfield Sunday night.
Springfield police said it started with a short vehicle pursuit at about 8:50 p.m. near the 3900 block of Olympic Street. They said the pursuit led to the officer-involved shooting.
Two officers were transported to McKenzie Willamette Hospital, where they were treated for non-life-threatening injuries. Police said the driver of the vehicle died. They said the driver's identity is being withheld pending next of kin notification.
The Interagency Deadly Force Investigations Team was activated and is investigating the incident. A section of Olympic Street was closed to traffic Sunday night for the investigation.
Police said additional information will be released at a later time by the Lane County District Attorney’s Office.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call the Springfield Police Department at 541-726-3714.
- One person dead, two officers injured in Springfield shooting
- One person injured after rollover crash in Springfield
- Suspect in Springfield officer-involved shooting identified
- DA identifies person who died in officer-involved shooting in Springfield
- Fatal officer-involved shooting in Springfield ruled justified
- 1 person arrested, 1 person injured after fight in Eugene
- 1 dead in rollover crash near Springfield
- One person injured in tanker truck crash
- 1 person injured in crash near Creswell
- One dead, one injured following shooting in Blodgett