OAKRIDGE, Ore. – One man died in a house fire in Oakridge on Friday morning.
Capt. Aric Higdon of Oakridge Fire Department said the cause of the fire remains under investigation and the name of the person who died will be released later. No one else was in the house when the fire started.
The fire broke out at 8:14 a.m. Friday and a total of nine firefighters from Oakridge responded to help fight the fire. Firefighters from Lowell and Eugene/Springfield also responded, bringing to 17 the total number of firefighters who helped fight the fire.
The house on High Prairie Loop was a total loss, and firefighters remained at the scene until about 5 p.m., helping with the investigation, Higdon said.
Creswell fire crews helped out by coming in and covering the Oakridge fire station during the fire, Higdon said.
- One man dies in Oakridge house fire
- Oakridge Household Hazardous Waste Roundup
- Community reacts to Oakridge murders
- Power is restored to Oakridge
- Oakridge man pleads guilty to killing endangered gray wolf
- Oakridge power struggle pits mayor vs. administrator
- Train tunnel partially collapses near Oakridge
- Oakridge Mayor Jim Coey steps down
- Woman charged with two murders in Oakridge
- Oakridge woman gives birth during snowstorm