UPDATE: Oregon State Police said Seth Kamel was driving south on I-5 when he drifted into the median and struck the guardrail.
Kamel was taken to Riverbend with minor injuries. Police said his passenger, 71-year-old Linda Cole from Roseburg, sustained fatal injuries and was killed in the crash.
COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- One person was killed and another injured in a wreck on Interstate 5 Saturday night.
Crews were called out to the crash at about 6:50 p.m. ODOT said southbound I-5 was closed, just south of Cottage Grove, because of the wreck.
Travelers were being detoured via the 6th Street off ramp to London Road to southbound OR 99 to southbound I-5. ODOT said the road would be closed for an extended time for an investigation.
South Lane Fire & Rescue Division Chief Joe Raade said one person was killed and one other was taken to Riverbend.
- One killed, another injured in I-5 wreck near Cottage Grove
- Pedestrian killed on I-5 near Cottage Grove
- Fires break out along I-5 near Creswell, Cottage Grove
- Grass fire shuts down I-5 in Cottage Grove
- Driver hospitalized after rollover crash on I-5 near Cottage Grove
- Deputies shoot and kill Cottage Grove man
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day