EUGENE, Ore.-- One woman is dead after a car crashed and caught on fire just west of Lowell Sunday night.
First responders said they received word of a crash on Pengra Road near Milepost 3 just after 5:30 p.m.
Judith Kessner, 66, of Oakridge was driving a red Saturn sedan eastbound when she veered off the road and hit a tree. Her car caught fire for a short time, and the fire spread to nearby brush.
First responders said they tried to resuscitate the woman but she died at the scene. A person driving past saw the car and called the Lane County Sheriff's Office.
The sheriff's office is investigating the crash along with the Lane County Medical Examiner's office.
- Driver dies after fiery car crash
- One dead, one injured in fiery crash
- Fiery crash sends one man to hospital
- Driver dies in crash in Springfield
- UPDATE: Police identify driver killed in fiery crash on Hwy. 36
- Drivers injured after car crash in Eugene
- Salem bicyclist dies after car crash
- Four killed in fiery head-on crash near Yoncalla
- Four killed in fiery crash: "It was horrific."
- Fiery motorcycle crash causes big backup on I-5