UPDATE: A Roseburg man wanted in connection with a burglary is now in custody, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said.
Authorities blocked off Roberts Creek Road during their search for Michael Cordz, 32, on Tuesday.
Deputies said Cordz, unintended, flagged down an Oregon State Police trooper and was taken into custody.
Cordz will be lodged at the Douglas County Jail on several charges, deputies said.
ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Police are searching for a wanted person who may be armed near Roseburg Tuesday, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said.
Michael Cordz, 32, is wanted in connection with the burglary of his ex-girlfriend's home. They said he has made threats toward her.
"We want the public to be aware of this situation and report any suspicious activity immediately," Winston Police Chief Brandon Sarti said. "If (he) is seen, do not approach him, but call 911. Cordz is considered armed and dangerous."
Roberts Creek Road was blocked off Tuesday as authorities search for Cordz. His vehicle was found in the 5500 block of Roberts Creek Road just before 11 a.m. They said he was in the vehicle when deputies and officers responded and ran from authorities.
Near the vehicle, deputies found several loaded firearms.
He is described as white, 6 feet tall and weighing 255 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. He has several tattoos, including a rose and microphones on his chest and a spiderweb on his elbow, authorities said.
The sheriff's office said residents should shelter in place and call 911 if they witness any suspicious activity.
This is an active scene and people are encouraged to avoid the area for their own safety as well as that of law enforcement.
KEZI 9 News has a reporter at the scene.
- Burglary suspect arrested in Roseburg
- Teen burglary suspect captured after Roseburg crash
- Roseburg shooting suspect arrested after K-9 search
- Teens allegedly attempt burglary on Roseburg businesses
- Burglary suspect arrested in west Eugene Wednesday
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- K-9 dog sniffs out suspect in Roseburg
- SWAT team arrests burglary suspect at Eugene Hilton
- Man suspected in string of burglaries arrested in Douglas County
- Burglary suspect arrested with help of police dog