CURTIN, Ore. -- Officials arrested a Pleasant Hill man after they said he got into a fight with a deputy during a traffic stop.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office said a deputy tried to pull over Shawn Michael O'Brien, 29, on Sunday but he kept going.
They said O'Brien finally stopped at the intersection of Highway 38 and Curtin Road. They said he started a fight with a deputy while he was being arrested.
A second deputy stepped in and was able to help in the arrest.
They said O'Brien didn't have a valid driver's license on him but he did have one gram of heroin, methamphetamine residue and evidence of delivery of a controlled substance.
The deputy suffered a minor injury to his eye.
O'Brien is facing charges including assault on a public safety officer, assault, attempt to elude in a vehicle, attempted escape, driving while suspended, resisting arrest, unlawful possession and delivery of heroin and methamphetamine.
- Officials: Man gets into fight with deputy, gets arrested
- Deputies arrest armed man in Depoe Bay
- Deputy shoots man while serving arrest warrant
- Deputies arrest man in animal neglect case
- Man arrested after fight over Xbox
- Deputies arrest Florence shooting suspect
- Father, son arrested after fight
- Marion Co. deputy reassigned after punching man during arrest
- Douglas County deputies arrest Glide man accused of sex crimes
- SPD: Man on meth arrested, tried fighting officers