COOS COUNTY, Ore. -- Less than a week after Coos County K-9 Odin was struck by hundreds of porcupine quills, the dog has returned to work, making his 81st capture with the sheriff’s office.
Kyle Golden, 35, of Coos Bay was arrested at 1:50 a.m. Thursday after a deputy stopped his vehicle on Travis Lane near South Barview Road due to traffic violations.
The deputy discovered that Golden’s license had been suspended, issued a court date for Golden and told him his vehicle would be towed. After Golden left the area, deputies found heroin in plain sight in the vehicle and Odin was brought in to assist.
Odin found Golden about two blocks away and Golden was arrested.
He faces charges of driving while suspended and unlawful possession of heroin. Further investigation could lead to additional charges, deputies said.
- Odin makes first capture after run-in with porcupine
- Oregon K-9 Odin recovering after porcupine attack; porcupine ‘remains at large’
- Deputies seek wanted man after K-9 attacked by porcupine
- Dramatic video captures Green shootout
- Eugene police praise new K9 after captures
- Democrats capture House, GOP holds Senate
- Dashcam captures plowed snow shattering windshield
- K-9 captures hidden suspect near Cottage Grove
- K9 Nike speedily captures suspected car thief
- Deputies: man makes beer run with injured child in car