CORVALLIS, Ore -- After the first three weeks of the college football season, the Oregon State Beavers will enjoy a bye week.
While the Beavs do not have a game this weekend, however it does not mean the team isn't being productive. The team practiced twice this week, and plan to have one more on Sunday.
While the players will utilize the rest of the down time to rest and heal their bodies, a lot of the coaches will hit the recruiting trails and visit some high school talents Friday and Saturday.
Defensive coordinator, Tim Tibesar said, "I think for us it was a good time to try to get some guys healthy. To kind of take a breather and get ready to ramp it up for the pac-12 season."
The bye week comes after the OSU recorded their first win of the season, a 45 - 7 victory over the Cal Poly Mustangs. Next week, the team will play their first conference foe, the Stanford Cardinal. In a way the bye week enables the Beavers to use two weeks in preparation for that game. Players say they plan to get together with teammates to watch Stanford play the Oregon Ducks Saturday, before reuniting with their coaches to dissect the tape.
"I don't mind it. I really don't," said head coach Jonathan Smith. "You know kind of get you three games under your belt then know you're heading into conference play. it's a little different having two of them. And so I think we're going to try and take advantage of it and we'll see how it goes."
Oregon State will have a second bye week this season, following their game against Cal on October 19th. They will then play Arizona the following week in Tucson.
The Beavers will return to play September 28, against the Cardinal in Reser Stadium at 4 p.m. The game is set to air on the Pac-12 network.
- OSU taking advantage of early bye week
- Beavs recuperate from injuries during bye week
- Web Extra: Ryan Nall on bye week, play calling (10/17/17)
- Web Extra: Sumner Houston on bye week, play calling (10/17/17)
- Web Extra: Kevin McGiven on bye week, play calling (10/17/17)
- Web Extra: Willie Taggart on bye week, team health (11/6/17)
- Web Extra: Jake Hanson on bye week, getting healthy (11/6/17)
- Web Extra: Mario Cristobal on bye week, team improvement (11/6/17)
- Web Extra: Henry Mondeaux on bye week improvement (11/7/17)
- Web Extra: Jim Leavitt on bye week improvement (11/7/17)