BENTON COUNTY, Ore .-- An Oregon State University student charged with rape and sex abuse wants his bail to be significantly reduced.
Roland Richards, 19, is lodged at the Benton county jail, and his bail is set at $525,000. In a new court filing, Richards is asking the judge to reduce that bail to $50,000.
The alleged crime happened last weekend, and he was booked on Jan. 19. According to court documents, the victim wasn't capable of giving consent.
Investigators said Richards had also recorded the alleged victim when she was naked.
- OSU student charged with rape wants bail reduced
- Student sues OSU, claims retaliation after reporting rape
- OSU student charged in Newport kidnapping
- OSU discusses campus resources for survivors after student charged with rape
- NCU student arrested on rape charges
- Safeway offers meningococcal vaccines for OSU students
- New details released on OSU student's arrest
- Most OSU students vaccinated for meningococcal B
- OSU students enjoying convenience of Uber, Lyft
- Former OSU student's trial to begin Wednesday