CORVALLIS, Ore. -- The Oregon State University (OSU) Board of Trustees approved spending over $270 million on seven renovation and new construction projects on the university’s main campus in Corvallis and its satellite campus in Bend.
The money comes from a mixture of university funding, state funds and philanthropic donations. It will be divided up for projects like the construction of a second academic building at OSU-Cascades campus in Bend, renovation of the Cordley Hall, renovation of several research buildings, and remodeling of Burt Hall II, which was damaged in a fire last winter.
Here’s how the $277 million will be broken down:
- Cordley Hall: $158.8 million
- New building at Bend campus: $50.2 million
- Burt Hall II: $9.5 million
- Research Way Laboratory: $11 million
- West side of Cascade Hall for office use: $6.5 million