PORTLAND, Ore. - Oregon Health & Science University has been ranked the top hospital in Oregon.
U.S. News and World report released its national and state rankings of hospitals in the United States. The report looked at a number of things like survival rates, patient experience, and quality of nursing.
Six OHSU specialties have been ranked among the top 50 nationwide:
• 28th in Cancer
• 41st in Cardiology and Heart Surgery
• 39th in Diabetes and Endocrinology
• 25th in Ear, Nose and Throat (Otolaryngology)
• 34th in Geriatrics
• 23rd in Nephrology (two-way tie)
Back in June, U.S. News nationally ranked seven specialties at Doernbecher Children's Hospital.
Those specialties include:
• 29th in Neonatology
• 41st in Pediatric Cancer
• 35th in Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology (two-way tie)
• 25th in Pediatric Nephrology
• 36th Pediatric Neurology and Neurosurgery
• 41st Pediatric Pulmonology
• 28th Pediatric Urology (two-way tie)