LEBANON, Ore. -- An Oregon Department of Transportation employee who lives in Lebanon is on leave after posting on Facebook that immigrants at the border should be shot.
ODOT officials said they are investigating the post by Lori McAllen, and people on social media are calling for her to be fired.
Screenshots circulating on Twitter show the comment McAllen made on a story about the immigration crisis.
“I personally think they should shoot them all at the border and call it good…it’ll save us hard working AMERICAN’S billions of dollars on our taxes,” McAllen wrote.
Other screenshots from her Facebook page, which has since been deleted, show McAllen wearing an ODOT Department of Motor Vehicles badge.
ODOT said they are taking the matter very seriously and McAllen’s comment does not reflect their values and is disturbing and hurtful.
- ODOT employee on leave after controversial Facebook post
- ODOT considering tolls on freeways in Portland
- ODOT reopens parts of Columbia River Highway
- ODOT makes improvements to Highway 34
- ODOT tips for winter weather driving
- ODOT holds open house on Beltline projects
- ODOT seeking feedback on Amtrak project
- ODOT closes Highway 34 near Corvallis
- ODOT moves closure point for Highway 34
- ODOT reopens multiple lanes on Highway 34