VENETA, Ore. – A Noti woman is dead after a crash on Highway 126W near Veneta on Saturday, Oregon State Police said.
Police responded to the multi-vehicle wreck at about 3:30 p.m. near milepost 50.
Investigators said several vehicles were stopped in the eastbound lane near the intersection with Lake Side Drive, waiting for a vehicle to make a turn, when Thomas Hill, 39, of Eugene hit a Dodge pickup being driven by Christopher Stuart, 29, of Florence.
The pickup was pushed into the westbound lane due to the impact and hit a Ford Focus driven by Jennifer Stephenson, 37, who was killed in the crash. Stephenson’s passenger, Matthew Marcuerqiaga, 39, of Noti was taken to Riverbend Hospital with serious injuries.
Stuart sustained critical injuries in the crash.
The highway was closed for about two hours during the investigation. The Lane County Sheriff’s Office, Oregon Department of Transportation and Veneta Fire assisted.
- Noti woman killed in Highway 126 crash near Veneta
- Man killed in crash on Highway 126
- One killed in crash on Highway 126
- Crash near Walton closes Highway 126
- Springfield woman dies after crash on Highway 126
- Highway 126 closed after multiple collisions
- Couple faces charges after crash on Highway 126
- Highway 126 back open after propane truck crash
- Crashes cause delays on Highway 126 in Springfield
- Police: Fatal crash closes Highway 126 for hours