WILSONVILLE, Ore. -- A major crashed has closed all northbound lanes of Interstate 5 near Elligsen Road in Wilsonville, south of Portland, after a trucked crossed over from the southbound lanes, causing numerous crashes and mutiple injuries.
According to ODOT, crews are setting up a detour and working to clear the vehicles stuck in the closed lanes.
Officials don't expect the northbound lanes to reopen until Thursday afternoon. ODOT's Tripcheck website shows traffic backed up as far as Woodburn. Travelers should expect lengthy delays in the area.
According to Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue, four patients were transported to Portland-area hospitals, two of them with serious injuries. A pick-up truck also caught fire.
This is a developing story.
- Northbound I-5 closed near Wilsonville after crash
- Semi-truck crash closes I-5 on-ramp near Harrisburg
- Fatal multi-vehicle crash closes one lane of I-5 NB
- Motorcycle accident closes ramp onto I-5
- Southbound I-5 reopens after crash near Woodburn
- Multi-vehicle crash shuts down I-5
- I-5 reopens after crash south of Roseburg
- Fiery motorcycle crash causes big backup on I-5
- Deer cause four-vehicle crash on I-5 southbound near Eugene