SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – Change may be coming to downtown Springfield. A nonprofit is looking to do something new with the restaurant next to the Wildish Community Theater.
The Springfield Renaissance Development Corporation (SRDC) announced on Thursday they have an option to buy Terese's Place, a restaurant on Main Street.
SRDC is looking to use the space for something that may compliment the theater next door. Some people also see it as an opportunity to improve the walkability of the downtown area.
"From one end of downtown Springfield to the other where people are just compelled to go from one shop to one business to work down one side and back up the other,” said Marilee Woodrow, SRDC board member and Springfield resident. It’s the beginning. It’s growing and it's really starting to work that way."
The SRDC agreed to pay $475,000 for the property. The president of the organization said a potential business that could fill that space is a coffee shop, bakery, or even a wine bar.
He said their goal is to ultimately rehabilitate and enhance downtown.
- Nonprofit looking to buy Springfield restaurant
- PacificSource to buy Symantec building in Springfield
- Nonprofit addresses growing youth mental health crisis
- How to verify a nonprofit on #GivingTuesday
- Eugene police help nonprofit collect princess attire
- Eugene nonprofit falls victim to mail theft
- Marathon Monday: Runners Support Local Nonprofits
- Nonprofit accuses OSU of animal neglect
- Special Report: Nonprofit teaching children gun safety
- Nonprofits recycle green trees into green cash