JUNCTION CITY, Ore. – Electric car charging stations are extremely common in the city, but there are not as many of them in rural areas in Oregon. Owners of Pfeiffer Winery said they wanted to change that.
For many, Pfeiffer Winery is a great local travel destination. Now, they have multiple charging stations customers can use for free while they enjoy their stay.
They have one universal charging station and three Tesla charging stations. The owners said Tesla originally reached out to them about installing them. They said they thought it was a ‘no-brainer’ because it provided more travel options for people who drive electric cars.
"To come out and have a glass of wine, sit in our water garden while your car is charging, I mean it is just going to be a natural the way we see it,” said Robin Pfeiffer, owner of Pfeiffer Winery.
Pfeiffer said he hopes it will attract more people to the winery and encourage more people to travel in the area.
Representatives from Travel Oregon said this could be good for local tourism, especially in those rural areas. Travel Oregon has been working with other organizations, including Tesla and Forth Mobility, to fund the stations.
They've been working to install the stations in places that wouldn't normally be considered. Since 2017, they have installed several stations in Estacada and Florence. They said they are even considering installing a station in Oakridge.
Andrew Grossmann, Destination Management Specialist for Travel Oregon, said the goal is to allow people in electric cars to travel to rural places without getting stranded. He said it will help people travel further and stay longer.
He said it was something that could help you save money while you travel by not having to buy gas. Additionally, it allows you to travel more environmentally friendly.
- New electric car charging stations installed at Pfeiffer Winery
- Car wrapping scam uses winery's name
- More electric vehicle charging stations coming to Portland
- Changes coming to Eugene's Oregon Electric Station
- Oregon Electric Station making menu, seating changes in Eugene
- Francis Ford Coppola acquires Oregon winery
- Fire suppression systems installed in Junction City patrol cars
- Sweet Cheeks Winery raises money for California wildfire victims
- Wineries in western Oregon affected by smoke taint
- Umpqua Valley wineries, food bank partner for 'Pouring Generosity'