EUGENE, Ore. -- If you're looking to get balloons for your New Year's Eve celebrations, don't be surprised when you see that just like the balloons, prices are rising.
That's because of a national helium shortage, and here in Eugene.
At the flower shop "Rhythm and Blooms," their prices have almost doubled from $3 to now $5 per balloon.
They're also having to limit customers to three balloons per person.
Toviana Jackson with Dandelions Flowers and Gifts said this could be a growing trend.
"I think there is definitely a shift towards it becoming more scarce, which is, like I said, very hard because they're such a festive part of what we do," Jackson said.
If you need balloons, stores recommend you call a couple days ahead of time to beat the last-minute rush and make sure your favorite shop has enough helium.
- National helium shortage impacts balloon prices
- Drought, tree shortage to blame for Christmas tree price hike
- National shortage of improved shingles vaccine hits close to home
- Nationwide firefighter shortage affects Western Oregon
- Opioid shortage forces vets to make changes
- Netflix prices are going up
- Fortnite craze impacts local sales
- Measles outbreak impacting Lane County
- Boxing club makes heavyweight impact
- Price talks further delay Dungeness crab season