EUGENE, Ore. -- A naked man was seen running down the street after reportedly crashing his car into a tree and a fence in a Eugene backyard on Monday, witnesses said.
The crash happened at Colton Way and Avalon Street just after 2 p.m.
Witnesses on scene told KEZI 9 News they saw the naked man buckled up in the car, and he got out and ran down Colton Way.
The man was having a mental crisis, police said, and he was taken to a local hospital.
Police said they have cited the man for reckless driving, hit-and-run and other violations.
At the time of the crash, the homeowner said she was in the dining room and said the whole house shook. The home itself was not damaged.
The tree that was hit by the car was 15 feet tall.
- Naked man runs from scene of Eugene crash
- Naked man near Eugene schools is causing discomfort with parents
- Man who entered stranger's party naked sentenced to prison
- Naked passenger forces plane back to Anchorage
- Eugene police dog tracks burglary suspect who ran from scene
- Eugene Police searching for driver involved in hit & run crash
- Driver runs away after crash in south Eugene
- Police: Eugene dog runs amok, bites man's face
- Truck crashes into Eugene home
- Multiple-vehicle crash in Eugene